Monday, March 28, 2011

Eequal for OVS by C'N'C Costume National

After reading about it online and on several free press newspapers, I decided to go see for myself what the absence of fuss was about. Yes, absence of fuss. Nobody is talking about it; it seems as if it's something hidden, something to be kept secret. When H&M collaborates with designers, it's known far and wide and people rush to the stores to get whatever little accessory they can lay their sneaky hands on....being it an odd stripy Sonia Rykiel for H&M bra or terrible pleather jacket from Madonna's collection. The twist must be in the fact that Ennio Capasa's (Costume National) collection for OVS (Oviesse.....an Italian family clothes store) is not a temporary collaboration, but something that's supposed to last. Well, being advertised so poorely, I doubt it will last much. The clothes are very cool, actually; I ooh-ed and aah-ed over a few perfect blazers, and really wanted that sexy, skimpy dark blue naked-back mini-dress for just 89.90 euros. And I almost bought one of those perfect à la Gucci/Dolce&Gabbana skinny ties for one of my more metrosexual male friends. Which I most probably would have kept for myself anyway........

No comments: